- The people served by Opportunity Village (OV) are known as OVIPs - Opportunity Village Important Persons.
- Opportunity Village was the official manufacturer of Elvis’ scarves. OVIPs also made the buttons that welcomed thousands of people to see “Elvis Live at the Hilton.” We also made the ribbons for the “hound dogs” that became popular trinkets of the King’s stay in Las Vegas.
- OVIPs in our Cookie Crafters division bake around 5000 cookies a day which are sold to local resorts and businesses for their employee dining rooms and buffets.
- OVIPs in OV’s Paper Pros division shred over 12 tons of paper every day in the Document Management program-for corporations, federal agencies, hospitals, banks, attorneys and the gaming industry. They also scan an average of 75,000 documents every day.
- OVIPs serve nearly 300,000 meals annually to our troops at Nellis Air Force Base.
- OVIPs with high-level security clearances deliver a daily average of 22,000 pieces of mail – including classified items – to officers and troops at Nellis.
- OVIPs in OV’s Cleaning Crew clean more than 3 million square feet of office space, medical clinics, community centers and parking lots each year.
- Opportunity Village has become a national model for its programs and services and is a recognized site of best practices, prompting numerous national and international organizations to visit and seek advice.
- Programs and services offered by Opportunity Village are free of charge to people with disabilities and their families.
- The Magical Forest at Opportunity Village draws more than 120,000 visitors annually and has been featured on the Discovery Network, NTV Japan and was named one of HGTV’s “Top Holiday Destinations.”
- The Las Vegas Great Santa Run was named one of the country’s 10 best costume runs by SHAPE magazine.
The Opportunity Village Thrift Store was named Best Thrift Shop in the Las Vegas Review Journal’s annual Best of Las Vegas readers’ poll.