The Cheyenne’s Magical School Bus Tours program was created in 2008 in loving memory of a remarkable little girl named Cheyenne. She loved visiting the Magical Forest, sharing laughter and hugs with her friends, and connecting with the wonderful people with intellectual disabilities Opportunity Village serves. Opportunity Village is happy to know that Cheyenne will forever watch over the Magical Forest and the very special children who visit.
Cheyenne’s Magical School Bus Tours provides a Magical Forest field trip experience to first grade students from Clark County School District’s most at-risk Title I schools. While youngsters are given the chance to frolic in the excitement of the holiday season, lessons of inclusiveness, acceptance and disability awareness are also incorporated into the day of fun – making it a most merry and meaningful visit to Opportunity Village and the Magical Forest. Through interactions with the wonderful people Opportunity Village serves, classmates and teachers alike, we remind kids how simple it is to Just Be Nice!
Field Trips to the Magical Forest include:
- Thrilling rides on the Forest Express Train
- Daring rides on the Blizzard Mini Coaster
- Exciting fun on Cheyenne’s Enchanted Carousel
- Rod’s Mini Golf
- Strolls through the Magical Forest with over 150 decorated trees and displays
- Oodles of wonderful photo opportunities
- Visits with Santa
- Shopping at the Candy Cabin
- Delicious cookies and cocoa in the Gingerbread Café
- Optional tour of the Opportunity Village training center to meet our clients
- A backpack stuffed with goodies!