Investing in Opportunity Village’s West Oakey Capital Campaign is important for people with intellectual and related disabilities who simply want a chance to live productive and fulfilling lives.
Opportunity Village’s West Oakey Campus was completed in 1990. Over the years, the campus has served thousands of clients who were trained in job, career and life skills. Many of them have journeyed out into the community to find and keep competitive, independent jobs. The West Oakey Campus is also home to remarkable fundraising events, including the beloved Magical Forest, which has raised millions of much-needed dollars to support myriad programs and services for people with intellectual and related disabilities in Southern Nevada.
Now it is time to update, expand and recalibrate according to the needs of the people we serve and focus on the programs and services Opportunity Village provides. We also need to make our fundraising events more successful. Through comprehensive and thoughtful design, the renewal of the West Oakey Campus will fulfill current and future client needs for the most up-to-date job training, therapeutic habilitation and creative endeavors, while making the campus ready for future fundraising efforts. We vitally need funding to accomplish our goals to meet the needs of our clients.
Donating will help revive and renew the Oakey Campus. Your investment will provide:
- An environmentally and physically safe and completely accessible place through new technologies for security, indoor air quality and design innovations that promote natural light and a safe and pleasant training, working and socializing environment
- Infrastructure that provides faster, more accessible wi-fi and other accessible technologies for staff and clients
- Design advances to provide up-to-date training for custodial, kitchen and packaging and assembly contracts
- Updated equipment for advanced learning, job training and life planning for participants in PRIDE and Enable
- A state-of-the-art transportation hub to provide the safest, most efficient way for our clients to arrive and depart
- A new multipurpose center for parent/client meetings and events, community gatherings and fundraising use
An investment in the West Oakey Capital Campaign will offer relevant tools and environmental comforts that promote client choice and health while providing the necessary infrastructure to elevate fundraising events. When you contribute to Opportunity Village, you truly Give the Gift of Opportunity. Thank you for your generosity.