The Pathway to Work Training Program is a community based on-the-job training program developed by Opportunity Village, the Desert Regional Center, and the Department of Employment, Training, and Rehabilitation.
Pathway to Work is a community based on-the-job training program with class time instruction. Instruction will include but is not limited to: viewing instructional videos, participation in discussion about rules and task performance, practice with interviewing and resume building, and practice of individual skills and techniques used on the job. While training at the community site, each individual is provided with four hours of coaching, and work experience involving multiple different job tasks.
- Length of program: Three to six months
- Location: Various sites around the community
- Days and Hours: Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Pay: Participants are paid $9.00 an hour for a daily maximum of four hours while in attendance at the community-training site. Participants do not receive pay for class time instruction or their lunch break. Participants who do not participate in the training, will not receive the hourly pay.
- Job Placement: OV Job Developers assist the participants with creating resumes, completing job applications and coordinating interview appointments. A Job Developer will offer support to participants during the new hire process and thereafter with job coaching and advocacy.
The purpose of Pathway to Work is to provide each participant with real on-the-job training in the community; an opportunity that would not otherwise be available to them. Ultimately, the goal is to provide competitive employment.
Thank you to our past and present Community Partners:
- Centennial Hills Hospital Medical Center
- Boulder Station Hotel and Casino
- Get Fresh
- The Rio Hotel and Casino