President and CEO
Opportunity Village has always had a special place in Bob Brown’s heart – his beautiful daughter, Sarah, has been served by our organization all of her young adult life, giving him a very unique and powerful perspective on our mission.
Combined with the leadership he has provided us over the years as a contributing OV Board Member and Board Chair, Bob's personal commitment underlines this successful and welcome transition to his role as Opportunity Village's President and CEO. "Building new partnerships to benefit others and carefully stewarding the financial resources of OV's long term friends and donors is something I work on everyday – there's always more that we can do."
Bob and his wife Melinda continue to enjoy raising their four children in Nevada and have strong ties to our community. A graduate of the University of California - Berkeley, Bob has also been honored to serve with the following organizations, elevating and sharing the message of Opportunity Village:
- President, Together for Choice
- Board of Directors, Las Vegas Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors, Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada
- Member, Las Vegas Non-Profit CEO Council
- Member, Nevada State Rehabilitation Council
- Publisher, Las Vegas Review Journal
- Chairman, Las Vegas Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Chairman, Opportunity Village
- Co-Chairman, Nevada Sesquicentennial Commission
- Council Member, The National Council on Disability (by Congressional appointment)